University Education WordPress Theme - Smarty
“To become the forefront institution in developing sustainability sciences by prioritizing co-creation of knowledge formation through transdisciplinary approach.“
- To develop and enrich the sustainability sciences discourse through co-creation and co-design of sustainability knowledge.
- Promoting and leveraging local wisdom/knowledge for sustainability sciences.
- To develop future leaders and transformational leadership in sustainability.
- Contributing toward Sustainable Development Goals.
- Transdisciplinary Tea Talk (TTT), to discuss thought provoking ideas, thoughts and research on transdisciplinary and sustainability issues (6th).
- Graduate Student Seminar on Sustainability Sciences (GSMS), to inspire graduate students on sustainability issues (5 GSMS)
- Afternoon Discussion on Redesigning the Future (ADReF), Focus Group Discussions on Emerging Issues
- Transdisciplinary approach for peatland restoration and conservation in South Sumatra.
- The dying landscape index as a new index for sustainable landscape
- Integrating local knowledge and traditional institution in governance for sustainable landscape.
- Landscape-seascape management as a unifying concept of maritime development.
- Development of transdisciplinary methodology for research
- Science and technology impact analysis
- International Seminar and Symposium on Knowledge Co-Creation (3rd times)
Training and Capacity Building
- Creating Youth Leadership on Sustainability (Collaboration with UGM) 2019.
- Private Sector Engagement in Sustainable Business (Collaboration with IBCSD (Indonesian Biodiversity Council on Sustainable Development) March 2020
- Environment Leadership Training in Coastal Management
- Assist Graduate School (IPB) in establishing School of Sustainability Sciences
Fellowship & Internship Program
- Currently, there are 20 fellows who comes from different universities, research institute, private business entities, NGOs/CSOs with a diversity of knowledge and experiences.
- One of CTSS strengths comes from its Fellows.
- Internship program carried out in end of 2019 until beginning of 2020 (Sara Skorupa)
CTSS – IPB University
IPB University established The Center for Transdisciplinary and Sustainability Sciences (CTSS) on November 2018. In his opening remark during the launch of CTSS, the Rector of IPB University, Prof Dr Arif Satria, stated that CTSS is IPB University’s sustainability science development node, which orientates on producing strategic solution for complex environmental as well as sociocultural ecological issues. CTSS uses transdiciplinary approach that is inclusive of all stakeholders including involvement of local communities and local knowledge to achieve sustainability. CTSS also position itself central as a communication hub/platform between academia and other stakeholders, such as policy makers, bussiness sectors, civil society and local communities. CTSS’s mandate is to lead in the development and the co-creation of new knowledge, especially linking frontier sciences and the wisdom of the local/traditional knowledge. We believe that sustainability needs the integration between wisdom of local knowledge and the scientific rigorousness of modern sciences that are coupled with understanding of the complexity of human nature interactions. At CTSS, we seek to find a balance between understanding the past and adapting to the future challenges. .
Understanding the dynamic system of human and its environment is the core of CTSS efforts in facilitating the design, implementation and evaluation of sustainable practices and solutions. CTSS has created a unique niche in its intervention strategy and for contextualizing sustainability principles in business practices as well as policy development, research and knowledge creation using transdisciplinary approach. CTSS seeks to increase connectivity between research and inovation with management and policies.
PKSKT LPPM IPB University Tingkatkan Komunikasi dengan Fellow Melalui Fellow Meeting Pusat Kajian Sains Keberlanjutan dan Transdisiplin, Lembaga Penelitian dan Pengabdian Masyarakat (PKSKT LPPM) IPB University mengadakan fellow meeting dengan para fellow membahas kerjasama yang akan dilakukan di masa mendatang, (14/7). Rapat yang digelar secara daring ini diikuti setidaknya 20 fellow PKSKT LPPM IPB University. […]
Whose Progress in Etno development in Papua, Pembangunan Sumber Daya Manusia (SDM) di Papua sampai saat ini masih menjadi perhatian bersama oleh semua pihak.
The 1st CTSS workshop was carried out in 01 November 2018 before the CTSS launching. The purpose of the 1st workshop was to sharpen the domain of the CTSS. We invited various internal and external stakeholders including respresentatives of various centers at IPB.
Featured mediaSee all
- Perspektif Gender dan Inklusi Sosial
- Center for Transdisciplinary and Sustainability Science
- The 8th Transdisciplinary Tea Talk : Evolutionary Interaction: A Journey to Diversity and Life
- 6TH Graduate student monthly Sustainability seminar
- The 7th Transdisciplinary Tea Talk: Pandemi dan Ekonomi Politik Pangan